Republicans are cheering the selection of Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s Vice Presidential running mate because of Ryan’s record on the issues. He is a in-the-dark conservative, so far right wing as to be indistinguishable from some of the forces that our armed services fought against during the two world wars of the last century. Radical would be a euphemism to describe his beliefs.
Let us list the most egregious positions:
- He doesn’t believe in global warming, probably because he has never been to Greenland to see the ice cap shrinking. Not that it would matter, he doesn’t care much for science.
- He is so against abortion that he pushed for legislation to protect all embryos, which would basically make it illegal for women to menstruate. Not that he cares, none of his literature and proposals even included the word “woman” in them.
- He hates social assistance programs. His plan to eliminate Medicare and replace it with a voucher program would cost seniors on average $6,000 more per year. That’s $500 extra per month. Looks like grandma is going to finally lose that weight, she won’t be able to afford to eat!
- He hates gay marriage and civil rights, claiming that he will never, ever support any form of marriage that is not between one man and one woman.
- He has spearheaded the Wrong Wing trend of never compromising, which has paralyzed our government and crippled our ability to act to address the issues that need fixing, like the economy. At 42, he is already a failed politician. Looks like he has a promising future with FOX.